tlug: How to make a little room for Windows again?

I have two hard discs on my computer which is running Linux only at the
moment, but I need the smaller one for Windows again. I thought I have to
first reinstall Windows on the whole machine using the recovery CD it was
delivered with and then make room for Linux again. But I have difficulties
getting this Windows recovery thing going. At some point it has to restart
the computer and then lilo is happily loading Linux again and the Windows
recovery is not working. I thought I could solve the problem with a Windows
system floppy and format both hard discs before I try the recovery thing
again. But I cannot format any drives since now c: and d: are "Invalid
drive specification". Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance, Uli

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD