tlug: Stuff from today's meeting

Thanks to everyone who turned up today, and thanks to Alberto for
inviting me. A couple of things that turned up in the talk:

http://language.perl.com/ppt/ is what Austin wants to use; it's a set of
Unix utilities in Perl. (REALLY useful if you've got a Windows machine
and need sensible tools - Cygnus is the other lifesaver there.)

http://www.gnupg.org/ is what I meant for GPG, not gpg.org

My microperl patch for configuring on any system is at
ftp://othersideofthe.earth.li/pub/perl/crazyperl.patch

Also in that directory:
	Audit.pm is a mail auditing library in which you can write fetchmail
	replacements very easily; mailfilter.pl is the one I currently use.

	palmperl.tar.gz is my current effort to port Perl to the Palm
	ucLinux. It's not finished.

	perlix.tar.gz is a five meg download - please don't download it
	unless you're sure I'm not at home. If you do download it, untar it
	to a new partition and try booting with that as your root.

	Instead of getting the whole thing, get mount.pl for a flavour of
	the awful horror within.

	SysConf.pm is interesting if you like that sort of thing; it
	emulates config.guess

	The rest of it you don't want to touch.

--
I never vote for anyone.  I always vote against.
		-- W.C. Fields