tlug: GRUB (was "boot partition too big" )

While we're on this subject why don't you guys use GRUB?!?!?!  The recent snapshots have been really good and plus if worse comes to worst, you can always use it to do a netboot ;-P

For those of you wo aren't familiar with GRUB, it's the GNU HURD bootloader and is similar in vein to the Sun OpenBoot Firmware (although no RPL interpreter yet).  It can mount your ext2 partitions and boot off any file so you don't need to reinstall it everytime you rebuild a new kernel.

I used the source that was part of the debian-hurd tree BTW.

Yours,

--
Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group / Green Frog Linux Maintainer