Re: tlug: Sound Blaster Live! (resend posted this from wrong account before)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:17:10AM +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
>
> > I started using Linux 7 days ago and still struggling to setup sound blaster
> > live!  It still doen't work.
>
> Creative has declined to publish specifications for the SB Live.  Support will
> be dodgey at best until they see reason.

This is absolutely not true.  They have opensourced the driver (actually
released under the GPL) which is avaiable on opensource.creativelabs.com

I'm running a SB Live! as I type.  Sounds great.

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com

> -- Chris
> Next Technical Meeting: March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
> * Topic: "What's new in Perl 5.6"
> Guest speaker: Simon Cozens (TLUG Perl guru)
> Next Nomikai Meeting:   April 21 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
> more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp        Sponsor: Global Online Japan

Marc Christensen	       |  Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah  |  linux-access - Making a difference!
http://ssv1.union.utah.edu     |  http://ssv1.union.utah.edu/linux-access/