Re: tlug: Squid config

(I'm back on the list. simon@example.com hasn't been receiving anything
recently, so I subscribed as simon@example.com - if some
admin-type has the time to look see where my mail's been going, I'd
appreciate it.)

Subba Rao (lists.tlug):
>The cache_peer values have the following settings.
>
>cache_peer myhost.mydomain.com     parent    3128  3130  [proxy-only]

This is probably not what you want. You're saying that *all* the hosts
on your network are running caches that you should peer with. While that
might be the case, it's unlikely. I have *no* cache peers.

If you're thinking about the ways to give access to your hosts, what you
want is the http_access stuff lower down. You'll want something like
this:

acl myself srcdomain mydomain.com
http_access allow myself

--
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
-- Will Rogers