format=flowed (was Re: PDF Files (was tlug: Silly Questions.))

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>    Selva> By the way, your mailer adds format=flowed in the header. I
>    Selva> would like to have a mailer that supports this "flowed"
>    Selva> format inrtroduced by Qualcomm --- can the latest version
>    Selva> of PINE do that?
>
>What does it do?

It simply adds a Text/Plain format parameter to allow the MUA to handle
the line wrpas in a decent way. See RFC2646 at
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt

>If it's worth doing, I need to know where the spec is.  ;-)

Hope you wont say "flowed" is a flawed concept.

>Of course, you'll have to use an Emacs-based MUA....

That's fine,  although with extended use of emacs I get a
blister on my left thumb -- I press ctrl-x  with thumb on ctrl and
forefinger on x -- need to get a thimble  :-)

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD