Re: tlug: Linux DVD

Austin K. Kurahone writes:

 > Marcus wrote:
 > >It works, but there is no more work being done on nist. They started
 > >to write a new DVD player on livid which is called mpeg2dec.
 > >Anyway, for nist or mpeg2dec it is important that you set the
 > >processor option correctly, because different CPUs have different
 > >enhanced instruction sets like MMX. For more information have a look
 > >at  http://www.linuxvideo.org/, http://www.linuxtv.org/dvd/ or
 > >http://home.germany.net/100-5083/index.htm.
 > Checked that, since I have a i686 (Dual Celleron) the default of
 > -march=i686 should be fine...
 >
 > Hmm, I need to get some sleep now, (hey I am parly human right? ;-) , but
 > I am begining to suspect that css-cat isn't doing it's work properly.
 > Tomorow I'll look into DeCSS.

You also have to be sure that your DVD is encrypted. There are some
DVDs that are not encrypted. There is a program out there which can
test that for you, I forget the name (or maybe its an option on nist).

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
ZPR/ZAIK
Universitaet zu Koeln              Tel.   : +49 221 470 6010
Weyertal 80                        Fax    : +49 221 470 5160
D-50931 Koeln, Germany             e-mail : mocm@example.com
"Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!"
Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD