Re: tlug: Linux for the masses (was: ppa)

Linux for the masses??? Arrrgggggghhhhhh!!! Or as they put it in Star Wars
"No!!!!!!".

I'd have to concur with Chris on this one...  As someone who used to be
closely(??? Well I did avoid working on it when ever possible... ;-)
involved in the creation of one of these distributions (Which will go
unnamed...), I know exactly what kind of mentality prevails in the
distributor, slightly frustrating actually, but I guess unavoidable
especially with the recent acceptance by the evil marketing folks...

Oh Chris BTW what would you consider a _real_ OS??? (Don't tell me VMS ;-)

Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group
"It didn't matter.  Not when all mistakes could be left behind at twelve hundered miles per hour."  --Ringworld

Ps: <Shameless Plug> Green Frog Linux for the masses!!!! </Shameless Plug>

Pps: Regarding the ppa question what's so hard with getting a clean
sourcetree from ftp.jp.kernel.org and doing a full rebuild???

Ppps: Try the SGI kdb (Built-in Kernel Debugger) patch if you know what
you're doing.... (I would comment further on the latter part of the
statement but... ;-)

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD