Re: Thanks (It was Re: tlug: ls colorful)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Marcos Campos wrote:

> Thanks to everybody that helped me!
>
> I just insert the following line in /etc/bashrc
>
> alias ls="ls --color=auto"
>
> and everything worked well.
> Some people suggested me to modify the file ./bashrc others to modify the
> file bashrc. What is the difference between them? I have the impression that
> is preferable to make my changes on bashrc than ./bashrc.

no, they said ~/.bashrc.  Note the leading dot before 'bashrc'.

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Nomikai Meeting: February 18 (Fri) 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting:  March 11 (Sat) 13:00 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD