Re: [Lingo] jyukugo question

On 14/03/09 02:36, steve wrote:
Hi All. I've been studying the 音読み 熟語 and recently hit two new words: 湯桶読み (jyukugo with mixed kun-on reading) and 重箱読み (mixed on-kun reading). It seems like there should be two more words -- one for all-kun reading jyukugo and one for all-on reading jukugo, but I can't find them.

Are there such words?

I believe the all-kun ones are called "kun-yomi no jukugo," and the all-on ones are called -- hold on to your hat -- "on-yomi no jukugo."

--
Stephen A. Carter
scarter@example.com