Re: [Lingo] モノクロ

> Same here. I once saw an article that tied "hodo" to Johnny Carson and
> I haven't forgotten it since.

My "have never forgotten it since" experience came from being told
(reconstructed paraphrase):「外国の人は*X*と*Y*の違いが憶えられない
ようだが」implying (unspoken) 「あんたもきっと憶えないだろう」。

Which guaranteed that I would learn it... which may well have been that
person's goal... She was a teacher at a "cram school" I was attending to
prepare for JLPT... :P

Dave