[Lingo] モノクロ

s smith writes:

 > This a link

A missing link?

 > Also I know 変 means strange among other things, but I very rarely see
 > it used that way.

It's very frequently used in spoken Japanese, typically as 変です
(that's odd) or 変な人よね! (you're very weird!).

 > So does 一変 in this case mean #1 strange/very strange??

No, it means "And now for something completely different:" as in Monty
Python or Japanese politics.  It's also used for a complete change in
circumstances, such as the recent unfortunate reversal in the Central
League Championship.