Re: [Lingo] Buy-in

Nguyễn Vũ Hưng <vuhung16plus@example.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:
>>
>> "resulting on"? That's not any English. Who wrote it?
>>
>> My guess is "buy-in" means "paid commitment". Not BrEng
>
> I saw it in here, which is written by a British, IMO.
>
> http://www.third-i-consulting.co.uk/public/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/PMO-Book-V1-07-03-12.pdf

"Buy-in", as used in business over the last 20 years or so, is a very
American expression (though it's probably used everywhere now),
essentially meaning, "commitment." In your example, one or more of the
parties involved may have agreed to something, but they didn't really
put any effort into making it work.

- Dave