Re: [Lingo] British English

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:33 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 01:46 PM, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>> FYI,
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I wasn't aware that religious discussions were allowed.
I really didn't mean so; "lingo" is about about what it is meant to be
and I was completely innocent when I forwarded that email.

> As an American who has worked for publishing houses in both the UK and
> US as a writer, editor, and publisher, I don't see as much difference
> between the two main dialects as some would like to make you think there
> is.  Most people who make a big deal out of the differences are
> generally those who are unhappy where they are and really want to go
> back and live where the other is spoken.
Some Japanese told me that they'd want to go to English and learn English there
because they consider that English is real.

So, you think that the difference is small and ignorable.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )