[Lingo] Fwd: 件(けん)

On 1 April 2010 14:37, s smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> I wonder -- as many applications as use edict and the name dict and kanji
> dict -- is there some way the dictionaries could be exported so the update
> of the dictionaries and those of the applications could be separated.  I
> remember long ago an application called JavaDict (Todd Rudick).  With that,
> you downloaded edict and then told the application where to look for it.

Well, a few apps do that. I run a couple of rsync servers to ease the pain.
Unfortunately not all developers are as careful as Todd

> One thing I like about Rikaichan is that I can use it even when I'm
> off-line.  I also find the verb/adjective de-conjugation (?) he does really
> useful.

I think he got the idea from WWWJDIC, but then I got it from the old
"edict.el" script.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University