Re: [Lingo] [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > Oh, this list is just pushing all my buttons today. Either you or
 > the list admins (I'm not sure which) have decided that this topic
 > should actually be continued on both lingo@example.com and
 > tlug@example.com

Fixed (for this thread only).  BTW, that's one of my buttons, too:

http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Blog/Software/ReplyToMungingConsideredEmCarefullyEm

 > > Most people on this list are aware that both are bad, and that of
 > > the two, trimming is actually more valuable to the readers....
 >
 > Really? Looking back at the archives of this list to the beginning of
 > November, I see three top-posted messages, and eight non-top-posted ones
 > where the included text was significantly larger than the new text,

Sure.  But that's a biased sample: you're not sampling the list
membership, you're sampling the people who don't get it.