Re: [Lingo] List of new words in Japanese

2009/11/7 Niels Kobschätzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com>:
> I am searching for a list of words that are newly introduced into Japanese
> (in the last 5 - 10 years). I mean words like ヤメール (breaking up via e-mail),
> スタバル (going to starbucks) or オン寝 (falling asleep while waiting on an answer
> while chatting or while waiting on a reply on an e-mail). Maybe something
> like urbandictionary.com but for Japanese.
> Does anybody know a resource in the web for such words (best in list-form)
> or has a good idea for what I could google (I tried
> 新たな 言葉、現代的 言葉、新言葉、新単語、新しい 言葉).

I'd like a list like that.

Googling for "現代用語" + "リスト" might be of use. Note that there are
many books of "現代用語"; some published annually.

The "hatena" WWW site has a lot of new words explained too.

Good luck

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University