Re: [Lingo] Stroke order for 糸-radical

2009/10/3 Niels Kobschätzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com>:

> I have here a slight problem: I am using an iPhone-app for doing
> kanji-repetitions and today I noticed a mistake in stroke orders. The stroke
> orders of the left radical of 組 and 細 are wrong. In the program it is not
> written like 糸 but in the lower part the order of the middle and left stroke
> are reversed. I mean that I would write it: middle, left, right but it is
> written left, middle, right.
> The author of the program uses the kodanshas learners dictionary (or
> whatever it is called) and I have the German version of it. In this book the
> stroke order is exactly the same as in the program and flipping through the
> book, I think that they made this mistake all the time (except for the kanji
> 糸 itself).

Are you sure it's the Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary. In that ref 組
is no. 904 (on page 322). The diagram is clearly middle-left-right. I use the
identical artwork in WWWJDIC (see
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?161337_%C1%C8)
to drive the animated stroke diagram.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University