[Lingo] 受け皿になる

皆さん、

   最近これ使うこと増えています。(以上下手日本語ですね) Anyway literally it means it becomes a plate/saucer. The figurative meaning seems more nebulous--I have gotten responses back from "you will comply", "thats just the way it is" and "kindly understand this must be"

Any ideas? Oh context...basically this comes right after a portion saying the member will learn the new system and provide support for it. (my turn to be nebulous;) )

Thanks

the other dave