Re: [Lingo] So happy I cried... writing japanese words

> Are there really 4 valid ways to write うれしなき with うれ
> し泣き being the most popular but 嬉泣 being also very popular.

It's not uncommon for these kinds of nouns to be contracted in writing,
particularly if they are common, for example:
引き出し −> 引出し、引出
立ち入り −> 立入 (as in 立入禁止)

However by today's standard this kind of pure kanji writing is seen as
ダ纔瘢韭絎竢蹠拓\xEF 蜚ヸ 鈿\xF4 齦鴃鱸皷鈑 抅癆 うれし泣き is the more popular.

Regards,
Birkir