Re: Re: [Lingo] =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B7PM3CO=1B(B?=

David J Iannucci writes:

 > >> "transit point"?
 > > Thanks.
 > >
 > > I don't know if "via point" is correct?
 >
 > No, I've never heard "via point".
 >
 > I'll put in a second for "transit", although it feels a bit unnatural to
 > me to use a phrase like "transit point". Maybe "transit airport". The
 > most natural feeling is to say something like "the flight transits
 > through dokodoko".

FWIW, I can't recall any of these terms being used.  Both "transit"
and "via" lack connotations of changing flights, and transit point
would most naturally be translated as "stop" (as in "nonstop flight").
Where a plane change was involved, I'd use "connection point" or
"connection airport" or (most likely) just "connection".  In natural
language (as opposed to airline timetable) I'd say "with a plane
change at" (although I've been on "flights" with a scheduled plane
change within a flight number).

Note that "transit" doesn't imply a stop at all, and the connotation
of a stop is not necessary to "via" (as in "I commute to Santa Cruz
via Rt. 17 twice a week").