Re: [Lingo] 悪党ども、海賊ども

07/08/04 に steven smith<sjs@example.com> さんは書きました:

> Is this the same ども as 「共」(大人共, 餓鬼共, 事共, etc.)?
>  If so, when is it be appropriate to use the Kanji rather
> than the Hiragana?

Indeed it is.

Edict say:
共
ども
1: (Humble (kenjougo) language) first-person plural;
2: second or third person plural (implies speaker is of higher status
than those referred to)

Kenkyusha's New Japanese-English Dictionary (The Green Goddess) lists
-ども without the kanji. 明鏡 (Meikyou) and 広辞苑 (Koujien) lists it with
the kanji.

So as for hiragana vs. kanji, I'd say it's a stylistic choice. But I
would *guess* that hiragana is more common.

Regards
--
Kim Ahlström