Re: [Lingo] CJK Setup in Xandros (Debian 3.2)

On 7/16/07, Niels Kobschätzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:
On 7/16/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

<snip>

I suggest you ask that question on tlug@example.com (http://tlug.jp)
because this list is for language (as in "let's speak, read and write
it")-related topics, usually not technically oriented (as in "how do
i…") and I guess on the tlug-list are more members than here.

I agree the lingo list is mainly for non-technical issues related to languages.

Having said that. Unfortunately for you Xandros has been famous for
not supporting languages other than English for as long as it has been
around[1]. Looks like German and French is now supported...

I tried it out once back in 2003 or 04 (I won a copy at a conference).
After head butting xandros for over a week to try and get Japanese
input working I dumped it and have never looked back. Therefore my
knowledge on the subject may be very well out of date.

I'm not telling you to dump Xandros, but I could guarantee you that
you would find more support and have more success with Debian, Gentoo,
Ubuntu, Suse, Redhat, Fedora... actually pretty much most other
Distributions I can think of :-)

Regards, Keith

[1] "Default system is not well localized. Xandros offers only 3
language alternatives: English, French and German. If you're not one
of them, you're out of lack." SOURCE:
http://polishlinux.org/choose/comparison?distro1=Xandros&distro2=Zenwalk