Re: [Lingo] spaces in japanese writing

On 30/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > "Thin spaces"?
 >
 > You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. I18N Expert!

Not at all.  Eg, U+2009 is not hankaku, it's thinner than that.  That's
why nihonjin generally omit them.  Cf. TeX's \, in math mode.

Ah, my apologies, then. I assumed you were referring to U+0020.

I was quite shocked that you would make such an error, so I should
have known that there was a misunderstanding. :)

I owe you a beer then, for the unneeded insult.

But-if-you-ever-do-screw-up-fear-mah-wrath-ly y'rs,
Josh