Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding

On Jun 27, 2007, at 7:04 AM, steve smith wrote:

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Actually, there's no "fuckin'" in 冗談じゃねぇぞ! To get that, it
needs to be てめぇ!冗談じゃねぇぞ!
Except for や、ゆ、よ、つ, I haven't seen the small kanji
like 「ぇ」 before.  What are they??  I noticed I can make
them on my dictionary but have no idea how they are created
from the IME.

usually you have to xe for a ぇ, xa for an ぁ and so on.
They are nice for emphasizing things (like the ねぇ which doesn't really exist afaik but shows that you speak a long え here {while I wonder why no one writes ねぃ which would be the right way to lengthen an え-sound})

Niels