Re: [Lingo] you have got to be kidding

Josh Glover wrote:
But 「マジで」 and its close cousin 「本当?」/「本当っすか?」 are quite useful. Just
don't overdo them, or you'll sound like a magical girl from anime (or
a American male anime otaku, who seem to think anything a character in
anime says is "normal" Japanese, even if the context was something
ridiculous like a extra-dimensional tentacle beast... uh, nevermind).

Interestingly my gf objects to the use of マジで? as being sooo 30 something. I seem to hear it a lot though (ーー;)

BAB