Re: [Lingo] inTransitive

On 15/06/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 15/06/07, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:

> One of my must-dos is have cross-refs between all the pairs of
> transitive/intrans. verbs. Sadly Rikaichan uses the simple old EDICT
> version which doesn't carry crossrefs. I've suggested they upgrade, inclluding
> using the names file as well (Rikaichan tends to fall apart with names) but
> there's been no response.

I actually ported Rikaichan to Thunderbird, so maybe I can send the
author a patch for the dictionary upgrade as well.

A big improvement would be to use the "glossdic" file from WWWJDIC (daily update available via rsync). It combines EDICT, ENAMDICT and a heap of glossaries, plus a lot of "specials" which attempt to resolve alternative reading versions. It has about 830k entries.

Jim
--
Jim Breen
Honorary Senior Research Fellow