Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

On Jun 12, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Josh Glover wrote:

On 12/06/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Ask their mothers.[1]

Ask them if they can say 「bawdo君は日本語の本を読める かい?」

I think not. I think this is either a mistake or conveying some nuance a) for which no formal rule exists, or b) that neither my wife nor I have ever studied. I consider (b) somewhat unlikely, considering that the wife and I have something like 10 years of formal Japanese language instruction betwixt the two of us, and she has an advanced degree in Japanese linguistics.

But stranger things have happened. :)

you mean things like "好きする"? ;)

Cheers,

Niels