Re: [Lingo] Grizzles (Was: Re: jgram.org - Japanese grammar database)

[Josh Glover (Re: [Lingo] Grizzles (Was: Re: jgram.org - Japanese grammar	database)) writes:]
>> On 05/09/06, Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have just used this list for the first time, and I have three
>> > grizzles:
>> >
>> > (a) the relay of my posting stripped out all the blank lines (see below for
>> > the mangled version of what I sent.) In fact it seemed to toss away LFs.  This
>> > makes it harder to read.

>> Odd. Does this happen to you on the main TLUG list? Has anyone else
>> noticed this? It has not happened to me, best I can tell.

Never before. I use tlug via the digest these days, but the LFs are all
there OK.

>> > (b) my posting was in ISO-2022-JP, but it came back in UTF8. Why change it?
>>
>> Ah. That is Godwin's fault. ;)
>>
>> He wanted to include both Japanese and French in the welcome message,
>> and UTF8 seemed the only logical way to accomplish that. Anyway, I
>> prefer UTF8 in the general case.
>>
>> Do you have a specific argument for all list postings not being in
>> UTF8? It just seemed logical to me, since this list could contain
>> postings in many different languages (at least, that is its stated
>> goal).

My email setup is rather old, and hard-wired to ISO-2022-JP.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554