Re: [Lingo] Grizzles (Was: Re: jgram.org - Japanese grammar database)

[Josh Glover (Re: [Lingo] Grizzles (Was: Re: jgram.org - Japanese grammar	database)) writes:]
>> On 05/09/06, Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
>> > Yes. Very sure. My mail arrives in a /var/mail/jwb file on a Solaris box
>> > at Monash with minimal preprocessing (basically a SpamAssassin
>> > evaluation).

>> Right, but I am pretty sure your MUA is attaching a Reply-to header to
>> your outgoing mail, for I see:

>> 	Natural language discussion <lingo@example.com>

Nope. Not my MUA. It's done by another server which traps all O/G SMTP
traffic at Monash and canonicalizes email addresses, adds "missing"
headers, etc.

ALL other email lists I am on, including tlug itself, ignore my
Reply-to. lingo is the only one which  appends its address to my
Reply-to.

>> The mailing list *can* mess with Reply-to quite a bit. Actually, as I
>> previously noted, we could have it mess with it even more. :)

IMNSHO it should do what tlug now does.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554