tlug: nfs - permission

I have succeeded in mounting a directory (/mnt/store)
of a Linux server ("net" - you, remember; the Aptiva) onto
a linux box ("asong") connected via ethnernet.

However, despite trying all sorts of acrobatics, I can
only mount it "read-only", not "read-write".

/etc/exports contains the following:

/mnt/store      asong (ro,no_root_squash)

which works, or

/mnt/store      asong (rw,no_root_squash)

which results in the following error:

mount: net:/mnt/store failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

The following is in "asong" 's /etc/fstab:

net:/mnt/store          /mnt/nfs                nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr  0  0

------------------

I have tried changing the permissions on /mnt/store (and /mnt)
from 0755 to 0777 , but the problem persisted.

In changing the nfs setup, I do this:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs stop
change /etc/export
exportfs
rpc.mountd
rpc.nfsd
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs start

Any ideas?

Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)