tlug: mouse workaround in turbo linux

Primarily for other newbies on the list, but anyway...
some time ago, I'd mentioned that I was having trouble getting the mouse to
work in McMillan 6.5 which is Madrake 6.1 which is Redhat 6.0  (somehow,
whenever I write that, I think of the line, "Dave Barry is not making this
up.")  Anyway at that point I was fairly sure that I'd developed a workaround
by editing /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config simply by changing the line in the
pointer section to Device "Auto"  However, it had also turned out that I'd
missed the choice of MS 2.1A Mouse in Mandrake's mouseconfig, which also sovled
the problem   :) (I'm using  a 2.1A).
At any rate, put in turbo linux workstation 4 tonight, and had the same
problem.  They don't have the option of MS 2.1A mouse. So, did the ole Control
Alt Backspace to get back to terminal, and opened pico--went into XF86Config
(saw your name there, Scott) and made the change of Device "Microsoft" [I'd
chosen MS 2 button serial mouse during configuraon as it was the closest] to
Device Auto.  Restarted X and the mouse worked like a charm.  So, just passing
this along to anyone who might find it handy.
the dumb Scott
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)