tlug: X Display

I use XDM on my system. When I login and try to "su - localuser" in
a xterm, I get the following message:

/dev/ttypc: Operation not permitted

I do get the shell prompt after this message for the "localuser".

After I set and export the DISPLAY value to :0.0 and I try to call an
X application, I get,

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0.0

By changing the current configuration, I will be loosening the security of
X windows, but I do need other users to be able to use the same display
at the same time. How do I accomplish that? What files do I need to change?

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3@example.com
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)