tlug: StarOffice

Hi, all!

Is someone else using the StarOffice? I got it installed in my note but the
fonts on the text looks really ugly! The menus and messages are ok, but the
text that I input looks like in low resolution. Just format the font
changing the style or size do not solve the problem. I have the impression
that the problem is the font source or the way SO display it.
I also would like to use some "normal" fonts like Times New Roman or Arial.
When I import text from MS-Office those fonts are available, but if I start
a new text from the ground I cannot access them.
BTW, SO is a really cool package and I had no problems to import complex
spreadsheet from Excel excpting for the graphs. The test editor presented
some compatibility problems when I tried to import my thesis from MS-Word.
The text and format was ok, but all titles and the summary was messed up as
well as the figures that changed location...

Anyway, any suggestions about the font problems? Thanks in advance!

Marcos

Marcos de Parahyba Campos
Ph.D. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
7-3 Kanagawa-ku Shirohatanishichou
Satsukisou 205 Yokohama
Japan 221-0074
Tel/FAX: 81+045-434-4490
E-mail: marcospbc@example.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hall/7631
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)