tlug: dot forward & procmail

Hello.

I've installed Mandrake 6.0 and am trying to restore what I had
working on my RedHat 5.2 installation. This time it's procmail.

A user mailmaster has .fetchmailrc, .procmailrc and .forward files in
his home directory. The latter contains

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail ||exit 75 #vik"

Any mail sent to mailmaster gets bounced with the following errors:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail ||exit 75 #vik"
    (expanded from: mailmaster)

sh: cannot use & in command
554 "|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail ||exit 75 #vik"... Service
unavailable

If I change the .forward to contain

"|/usr/bin/procmail"

or remove it completely and add

mda /usr/bin/procmail

to the .fetchmailrc, I get the following:

"|/usr/bin/procmail"
    (expanded from: mailmaster)

sh: procmail not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/usr/bin/procmail"... Service unavailable

I think it has something to do with sendmail restricted shell. I had a
similar problem when setting up majordomo at the office, and I solved
it by making a symblink to the majordomo executable in
/etc/smrsh/. This trick didn't help me with the current problem
however.

Still trying to live without learning sendmail...

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Viktor Pavlenko \\\ IMRglobal Tokyo

Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 20:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: January 14 (Fri) 19:00
* Topic: "glibc - current status and future developments"
* Guest Speaker: Ulrich Drepper (Cygnus Solutions)
* Place: Oracle Japan HQ 12F Seminar Room (New Otani Garden Court)