Re: tlug: Ichitaro Ark

I will agree that Java is not yet optimized for shrink wrap applications,
but it is an excellent development environment for corporations, and a very
significant number of companies have committed pilot projects and real
projects on the Java platform. Their objective is to write their small to
medium sized, proprietary applications in a productive, cross-platform
fashion. And yes, serious developers are writing the code. In fact, my
company has lost more than one good developer to work on Java projects at
financial institutions in Tokyo.

Don't write off Java yet. In fact it is still taking off. You might also
note that Blackdown has released JDK 1.2.2 RC2 for Linux, based on the Sun
JDK. There are still a few issues, but overall it looks good.

I look forward to seeing the system from Ichitaro.

Regards,
Gregory Tucker

--
	Gregory Tucker
	Tokyo, Japan

	One People, One Reich, One Leader - Hitler
	One World, One Web, One Program - Microsoft