tlug: Boot Floppy

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on getting a boot image from my Japanese RedHat 5.2 cd
onto a floppy so I can install.

-- snip 2 weeks of unprecedented frustration --

I took the advice of someone on Undernet IRC #linux and used 'dd' to copy a boot
image from the cd to a floppy.
However, when I go to boot with the floppy, I get:

vmlinuz.....Boot Fail

Is something wrong with the vmlinuz image itself, or could it be related to
something else?
Bad floppy? (The first image loads ok, I forget the name... )

I have tried to redo it at least 2 or 3 times, with the same result (same floppy
though, I think...)

My box has been down for a couple of weeks now, so any advice or leads would be
very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn