Re: tlug: Hard disks

Hi Frank,

I can offer you a sample size of only 4:-

2 Quantum Fireball IDEs (6G and 13G)
1 Quantum Fireball SCSI (6G) and
1 IBM IDE (1OG).

I've only heard good things about IBM drives, but mine above died on
me after only about 2 weeks of (v. light) use, causing a series of
kernel warnings and even one panic, so I binned it.  The 3 Quantums
have worked flawlessly so far.

I couldn't tell any noise level difference between all 4; it's almost
impossible to hear them spinning.

FWIW,

Neil.