Re: tlug: pine vs VM/xemacs

"Eric S. Standlee" <fwiw3980@example.com> writes:

> I am trying VM in xemacs.
>
> I noticed that because terminology is different configuration is
> difficult.
>
> I have a problem.  I cannot figure out how to configure VM in xemacs so
> that my Return-Path: fwiw3980@example.com instead of
> fwiw3980@example.com
>
> Because of this problem, my mail bounces at the servers.
>
> FYI, I have DS set to DSmb.infoweb.ne.jp in my /etc/sendmail.cf just in
> case that might be the problem, but I guess I was shooting in the dark.

It is not enough to set only the "Smart" relay host in
/etc/sendmail.cf, you have to set some other things as well.
/etc/sendmail.cf is difficult to read and understand, therefore
most people prefer to edit /etc/sendmail.mc instead.

I think it should work if you make sure you have the following lines
into your sendmail.mc

    MASQUERADE_AS(mb.infoweb.ne.jp)
    MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(petra.mb.infoweb.ne.jp)
    FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
    FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
    define(`SMART_HOST', `mb.infoweb.ne.jp')

sendmail.cf can then be produced from sendmail.mc by using the
`m4' macro processor like this:

    m4 /etc/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

then restart sendmail and it should work.

Here's my complete sendmail.mc as I currently use it as an example:

sendmail.mc

Hope that helps,

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@example.com>   <mike@example.com>
In der Neckarhelle 81, D-69118 Heidelberg-Ziegelhausen