Re: tlug: pine newsreader question

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Scott Stone wrote:
>
> > OK, I'm using pine to try to read news.  My news server requires a
> > username/password combo to access it.  pine insists on using 'sstone' as
> > the username, and *will not let me change this value* -- only enter a
> > password.  Problem is, my earthlink account is 'ss8913', not 'sstone'.  Is
> > there any way to make it let me change the news username?  I went through
> > the configuration settings but didn't see anything relevant.. I'm using
> > pine 4.10.
>

> I never found an answer to that, so I make my localhost userid at home
> the same as my dial-up account  :-p

OK, sounds like some homework for me then.  If I'm able to make a patch
for this condition, I'll certainly post it here.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691