Re: tlug: pine newsreader question

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 02:29:55PM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> OK, I'm using pine to try to read news.  My news server requires a
> username/password combo to access it.  pine insists on using 'sstone' as
> the username, and *will not let me change this value* -- only enter a
> password.  Problem is, my earthlink account is 'ss8913', not 'sstone'.  Is
> there any way to make it let me change the news username?  I went through

Yes.  Create what Pine calls a "collection" with a Server: line like
Server: news.tokyopc.org/service=NNTP/user=ss8913

It will prompt you for ss8913's password.

If you are using Pine 4.xx, you can set up collections from the
collectionList menu of the main Setup menu.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691