Re: tlug: Problems with kinput2

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, John Seebach wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 10:58:26AM +0900, Dennis McMurchy wrote:
> >   The problem is not input and kanji conversion itself, which appears
> > to be OK, but 'special' key combinations like <F5> for JIS code entry,
> > Meta+1 for katakana conversion, Shift+Esc for symbol entry.  None
> > of these work at all (although <F3> seems to work like <F5> should).
>
> I hope that someone who knows better will correct me if (er, when), I'm
> wrong, but I think the problem may be with the way you have wnn setup, not
> kinput2. I use canna, not wnn, but all of my 'special' keys are setup in my
> .canna file.
>
> I think (and I'm likely wrong) that kinput2 only handles the communication
> between the client application (say, kterm) and the conversion engine (wnn
> or canna), and acts as a front-end.

Right.  key shortcuts would be the front-end's job to handle, wouldn't
they?

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691