Re: tlug: Problems with kinput2

---------- Forwarded message ----------

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

>   The problem is not input and kanji conversion itself, which appears
> to be OK, but 'special' key combinations like <F5> for JIS code entry,
> Meta+1 for katakana conversion, Shift+Esc for symbol entry.  None
> of these work at all (although <F3> seems to work like <F5> should).
>
>   I do hope someone has some ideas about this.  I'm quite thoroughly
> fed up with the whole business - it just shouldn't be this hard.

sounds like your window manager may be stealing some or all of those key
combinations.  Check its configuration for keybinding shortcuts and see
what you come up with.

For example, I can't currently use ALT-Q to quit from Netscape, since
Afterstep 1.6 is taking it for itself and I must make it stop that :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Systems (UNIX) and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691