tlug: Can't access localmail

Hello,

I am trying to access my mailbox on one of my Linux systems. I had installed
Qmail on it and later decided to move back to Sendmail. At first, all qmail
related material was deleted and later I went as far as reinstalling Linux.
The /home is on a different partition so the user data was secure. I use
ELM and MUTT. I have removed all references to Qmail from /home/users
directories.

I can't access any mail for the local user. The mailbox seems to get it,
but when I use mail, elm or mutt, it system seems to be looking in ~/Maildir,
which is a Qmail scheme of the mailbox. Please keep in mind this is a new
installation.

================= System where Qmail was deleted ======================

---Mutt: (no mailbox) [Msgs:0]---(date/date)----------------------(all)---
/root/Maildir: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

                    Mailbox is '~/Maildir' with 0 messages [ELM 2.4 PL25]

This is a different system which is running sendmail. Qmail was not installed
on this system. The output from MUTT and ELM go the /var/spool/mail/user.

================= Differenet System with Sendmail =====================

---Mutt: /var/spool/mail/root [Msgs:0]---(date/date)--------------(all)---

        Mailbox is '/var/spool/mail/root' with 0 messages [ELM 2.4 PL25]

Does anyone have an idea, why my 1st system is going back to ~/Maildir?
Any help is appreciated. I want to be able to read my local mail.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3@example.com
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691