tlug: Patching the RH6.0 kernel

  Never had any trouble patching and recompiling the many Slackware
kernels I went through over the years.  But of course, the RedHat
thingie is, as usual, a complete pain in the ass.

  I'm running a stock RH6.0 with the 2.2.5-15 kernel.  Assuming that
I could ignore the -15, I started with patch-2.2.6.  There was trouble
right from the beginning, so I gave up and replaced the original
source code.

  I've had a look on the RedHat site, but see no sign anywhere of
patches.  This shouldn't be hard at all, but I've noticed that
nothing's easy with this RedHat stuff.  What am I to do?  I would
hate to think that I wasted my time downloading all those patches
from sunsite.

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691