Re: tlug: disk image distribution

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a solution that allows me to install a disk image on
> several computers over the net. I want to be able to write an image of
> an already configured Linux or (aehm) NT distribution on various PC,
> so that I dont't have to do much after a user messed up the config.

  I don't know if this is what you need, but I used to do something
like this with a simple 'dd if=/dev/hda1 of=already.configured.OS'.

  Might help.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691