Re: tlug: Posting Japanese text to the web bulletin (was Re: Japanese emails and jlatex under RedHut 6.1)

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Naoki Saito wrote:

> Now, I have one more question.  My friends orgaize some bulletin board
> on their web pages.  I would like to post my comments in Japanese
> through netscape to these bulletin board.

<snip>

> Cat the file contents to the xterm, then cut and paste to the
> bulletin.
>
> 1) didn't post anything and 2) posted ASCII characters but not
> Japanese.

Are you using Japanese-enabled Netscape, AKA Muriyari Netscape (note:
the Netscape 4.51 that comes with Laser5 Linux does not go by the
Muriyari moniker (but maybe it really is) and seems a lot more stable
than Muriyari 4.08.  I recommend it to everybody - available on
Laser5's FTP site)?  If you are, using cat, less, or more in a kterm and
then doing cut/paste should work.  I have done this, and have also
cut/pasted form vi to Netscape.  Have never tried it from an xterm,
though, always from a kterm.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai: December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691