tlug: RequirDrivered

Hello  Tokyo Lug Members
   My Name is Nitin Kakkar. I am member of India's Lug and have just
subscribed to this list. I am facing a problem related to a Japanese
Printer. During one of my trips to Japan, I had purchased a NEC 1000 Lw
laser printer ( Please let me know if anyone has a printer of similar
make ). This printer is a WPS printer. On coming back to India I tried
to install it on English version of Windows but it did not work. FInally

I have to install Japanese version of Windows 95 to use this printer (
and it still does not print ). Being windows printer other drivers are
not supplied to it so as on now I cannot use this printer.
I mostly use RH Linux 6.0 for my work. I am unable to use this printer
with my English Version of RH Linux 6.0. Now my questions are

1) Is it possible to use my printer 1000Lw to print English characters.
2) How can I use the printer supporting windows printing system to work
in Linux
3) How can I use my printer Nec 1000 Lw with RH Linux. Can anyone give
me any driver which can make this printer work.

Thankyou very much for your kind attention.

Thanks
Nitin

Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:30   place: Temple Univ.
* Linux Internationalisation Initiative (Li18nux) speaker: Akio Kido
* Japanese TrueType Fonts                     speaker: Adrian Havill
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai:  December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691