Re: tlug: Japanese versions of software

I am coming up against a missing library in the rpm -Uv for freetype and
its tools:

freetype-1.2-2.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	libwcsmbs.so.0 is needed by freetype-1.2-2
freetype-tools-1.2-2.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	libwcsmbs.so.0 is needed by freetype-tools-1.2-2
rhs-printfilters-1.46jp-3.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	libwcsmbs.so.0 is needed by rhs-printfilters-1.46jp-3
	rhs-printfilters >= 1.50 is needed by printtool-3.40-3

Help?

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Akira YOSHIZAWA wrote:

> Eric Standlee wrote:
> > I am interested in knowing a good search site for new Japanese versions
> > of Linux software.  Ie., I am looking for Japanese versions of enscript
>
> Japanese version of a2ps works as the same way enscript does.
> You can get a2ps.pl-1.41-1.noarch.rpm from ftp.linux.or.jp/pub/RPM/ALL.
> I also installed/upgraded the following packages to make it works;
> rhs-printfilters-1.46-L52
> freetype-1.2-L51
> freetype-tools-1.2-L51
> VFlib-2.24.0-3
> ghostscript-5.10jp-4
> ghostscript-fonts-5.10jp-1
>
> My linux box is based on RHL5.2.
> So I don't know if it works on RHL6.0.
>
> I hope this will help you.
>
> --
> Akira YOSHIZAWA
> | I've never onwned anything better than
> | a camping tent, a radio, or a bicycle.
> | Uvae-president @ KBF http://www.yk.rim.or.jp/~coolbmx

Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:30   place: Temple Univ.
* Linux Internationalisation Initiative (Li18nux) speaker: Akio Kido
* Japanese TrueType Fonts                     speaker: Adrian Havill
Next Technical Meeting: November 13 (Sat), 13:30 place: Temple Univ.
* Network Security                               speaker: Steve Baur
Next Nomikai:  December 17 (Fri), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691