Re: tlug: pcmcia ethernet recommendations?

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 07:06:27AM +0900, Christopher Sekiya wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, John Seebach wrote:
>
> > The cards are Corega Ether II PCC-T cards.
>
> They are cheap ne2000 clones.
>
> > Or that they do work but they're complete pieces of crap?
>
> They work.  As with all ne2000 clones, they're also complete pieces of
> crap.
>
> -- Chris (wileyc@example.com)

so I guess the next question would be: is 2900 yen wasted on a complete
piece of crap when it's just for a home network? I've never bought network
cards for myself before, so having to budget forces me to consider crap as
an affordable alternative. You know, like the societies that burn cow dung
as fuel because it's all they can afford?

john
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts